About the project
A Scroll team worked in partnership with the Financial Ombudsman to deliver clear, user-focused content for its new website and microsites.
The Ombudsman’s existing website had been completely redesigned and rebuilt, using new technology. As part of this, the Ombudsman wanted to update and refresh its online content. Two new microsites were also being created as a result of the extensions to the Ombudsman’s remit – and each microsite required new content.
This was an ambitious project, working with a lot of specialised and technical content, to hard delivery deadlines.
Scroll’s content design team was brought in to work in partnership with subject matter experts and communications teams at the Ombudsman. To deliver on time, it was critical to get the partnership right, so that teams could work together smoothly.
- 500 pages of audience-focused, usable content delivered to very tight deadlines.
- Website size reduced by around 1000 pages.
- 2 new microsites launched in time for a change in the Ombudsman’s jurisdiction, with new content explaining its extended role and remit.
- The new content received high praise from the board of directors, who were delighted with the website’s transformation.
The Financial Ombudsman Service resolves complaints between financial businesses and their customers. In April 2019, the Ombudsman’s remit was widened to include:
- a dedicated dispute resolution service for small businesses
- complaints about claims management companies